Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
July 28th 2007
Published: June 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Beijing, the current capital of China, it also was the capital of Chinese Empire since 1421, the center of politics, full of the history and ancient culture.
The Tiananmen square and the Forbidden city are exactly center of Beijing city, and the city is organized by road ring circulating the Forbidden city.
The Forbidden city was the palace of royal family, the people can not enter there without authorization, anyone try to get in without emperor's consensus can end in the dead sentence, that is why they call the place as "Forbidden city"
The south of Forbidden city is the famous Tiananmen square, where the communist leader Mao Tze Tung, on the top of the Forbidden city south gate, declared the creation of the People's Republic of China, that is why there always is the focus of the manifestations.
Inside the Forbidden city has story and meaning of things everywhere; like when you pass the door you must bend your leg to cross the barrier, it makes you kneel in the air doing the respect to the emperor for entering his palace; The roof of the building also has the meaning, you can see the animals on the corner of the roof, when more quantity of animals more important is the building; There is the paths in the royal garden, the paths there are not plane, the middle is a lightly higher, and only the emperor is allowed to walk there, it makes everyone walking with the emperor be lower.
Near to The Forbidden city is the Heaven Temple, that is the place where the emperor pray for the peace, weather, victory, prosperity. The Heaven Temple is a fabulous building by your construction form, there is no nails, whole the temple is made by embedded woods, there is 4 main columns in the center representing the four seasons, 12 secondary columns representing 12 divisions of one day time, each division is 2 hours.
Out of Beijing city you can find the Ming Dynasty Tomb, Chinese has the habit to bury departed far from the city. The Ming's Tomb is made for royal family of the Ming Dynasty, like a lot of thing in China, there are so many symbols and meanings. The path to final tomb is surrounded by statue of guards, public position, holy animals, they can protect and follow the souls in their believes.
The Wang Fu Jing street is a place for the shopping, Chinese souvenir and exotic food like fried scorpion, cricket, cocoon, etc, even there is a Chinese popular saying: "Walking on the Earth only human, flying in the sky only airplane we don't eat", but it is in the old time, now rarely the Chinese eat the exotic food, it is more common for the foreign tourists.
The great wall, the biggest building of humanity, 6700 km of extension, from the middle of the Gobi desert to the Yellow sea, that is only one you can see it from the Moon, the work begun from 300 BC , the main function of the wall is defend the Mongol from the north, so the wall was built on the mountain and the rugged, so that is some part of the wall you can visit, and we went to the Badaling, that is more popular stretch of the great wall, also is the more commercial and reconstructed part from my opinion, but it can not avoid the feeling of the magnitude, and wondering how it can be built at that time, sometimes I just have a feeling that at some point of the view, the ancient people
Peeled sculpturePeeled sculpturePeeled sculpture

The golden surface lost in the war
is smarter than us now when I looked at the so legacy they left.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Big stone sculptureBig stone sculpture
Big stone sculpture

One piece of stone brought for sculpting


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb