China Aviation Museum


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
October 24th 2010
Published: October 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Aviation DriveAviation DriveAviation Drive

The drive in is lined with corn that is drying.
Took a 40 minute subway ride followed by a 30 minute local bus to the door of the China Aviation Museum on the outer edge of Beijing. This city is huge! Total cost to the door of the museum 3.5 Yuan or 52 cents! It was raining, one of the few times on the holiday so far, so we took a little electric covered cart from the gate to the ticket office for 10 Yuan. In China there is always somebody ready to make a buck!

The museum is on a disused air force base, part of the museum is inside a large hanger with two entrances built into a hill. It's absolutely massive. There's a huge range of a/c on display and vast amounts of information on the walls including descriptions of aerial dog fight techniques. Unfortunately virtually all of it is in Chinese. Spent a happy two hours around the base and got my self a nice Concorde model.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Underground hangerUnderground hanger
Underground hanger

This bunker type hanger goes for around 400m and has 2 entrances. Must have been an amazing site as an operational airbase.
Mig 21Mig 21
Mig 21

The famous aircraft cosy in it's underground hanger
HindHind
Hind

Hind attack helicopter. Ugly, big and deadly!
ModelsModels
Models

Lots of models, lots of written words all Chinese!


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb