wedding #1


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
October 3rd 2010
Published: October 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today I got to go to my second chinese wedding, GAME OVER for Jack ! It was really great and a bit different from my previous weedi8ng experience. It started with the grooms party (including michael and I) going to the brides hotel room and bashing on the door demanding to be let in, we pass money under the door and they tease us and make us yell, scream and beg to let us in. This they eventually do and we have to find the brides shoes which are hidden in the room. It's all a bit of fun and everyone laughs and enjoys the tradition but it's a bit weird to think how this tradition came about - hmm.

We all jump into a huge procession of Audis and head off to jacks fathers house for some morning tea and more photos, it was really good to see jacks father, step mum and daughter who i met last year. After a short time there it was back in the cars and off to the restaurant for the reception/ceremony. Much to my delight we pulled up to the sound and smell of a huge row of firecrackers banging and smoking up the restaurant entry. There were over a hundred people in the dining room and we soon got into the show. Jack and Miis Liu looked fantastic and everything went like clockwork. I had to do a speech in mandarin and I think it went well, I was shaking after which was weird as I have done heaps of public speaking but the challenge was good.

After the reception us Aussies headed off to the silk markets for a couple of hours. The silk markets are paddy markets but much better and 7 storeys high, not really my thing as i don't like shopping usually, but it was worth a look. after this we went and had a dinner with Jacks new in laws and his father and it was another awesome chinses feed.

al together a successful day i thought !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb