To Henan


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Henan » Anyang
October 4th 2010
Published: October 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we said goodbye to Beijing and headed via train to the city of Anyang in Henan Province. The train station was sooo busy - like everything in Beijing. The train was good and without incident, except Jack wanted to punch some chinese wanker who was getting impatient with @#!* foreigners, apparently ! - we weren't worried he was some little squirt, we are all twice his size and we have two judo instructors with us. ot very nice.

I don't think they get many foreigners in Anyang as people were really suprised, curious and super friendly to us (small city ?). We went and had another banquet / feast, had a lie down in out 4 star (ha ha) hotel then went to a historical museum. Anyand was one of three capitals during the Shang Dynasty (1200 bc) For about 100 years they have been uncovering very important early artifacts especially the earliest use of chinese language. They are a primitave version of the chinese written language of today and Chinese is the only ancient language in the world that is the babsis for something that is still in use. It was a pretty cool place with lots of tombs and graves, bronze castings and bones and turtle shells with language carved in them. We also checked out a tomb of one of the Shang kings (pre emperor) which was interesting, lots of human sacrifice back then - not very nice !

After our local history lesson we went to Miss Liu's parents house for home made dumplings. Actually it was a huge feast as well and apparently some of their neighbours had come over to help prepare all the food. After dinner we all had a go at making dumplings with some very funny results ... Jack !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb