Day 7 - How low can you go?


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
April 3rd 2009
Published: April 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

The students from Beijing Normal University held a social event for us this afternoon. It provided a chance to exchange ideas with Chinese peers and know more about China. They gave us a few performances and taught us some traditional Chinese games. One girl started off by explaining that she was going to sing a song and apologised for her singing (before she had even started!). She had such a beautiful voice and there wasn’t a dry eye in the room. It was really sad that she was not aware of her own talent. The Chinese seem extremely modest.

The microphone was then passed over to us and it was our turn to entertain! All the Scottish University students gave a performance of the Gay Gordon’s and we taught every one the steps. A couple of the guys did some martial arts, which also went down well. We also taught the Chinese how to play limbo and ended up playing for over an hour! They were experts because they are so small! A Chinese girl won and she is now a bit of a limbo celebrity on campus! Hidden talent!

A few off us went to a dumpling restaurant at night. It has taken me over a week to find a Chinese dish that I enjoy! They are a Beijing speciality. The waitress found us hilarious for some strange reason; I never knew we were that funny! She was in absolute hysterics. Could you imagine if a British waitress served a table off Chinese people and started laughing uncontrollably?

We jumped in a taxi and went out for a few drinks afterwards. We even had to haggle for beers in the bar. The whole haggling business gets a bit annoying some times. I couldn’t be bothered arguing over 10 pence! I also came across the worst “toilet” I have seen in my life, enough said! (I thought T in the Park was bad! haha)



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb