Anticipation


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
August 22nd 2005
Published: August 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Flying to Changsha


We’ve landed in Changsha, Hunan Province and the weather is dramatically different here. Beijing was sunny (in an urban hazy sort of way), while Changsha is wet and dreary. But, it’s a welcome coolness…we weren’t looking forward to the heat and humidity. It was a little sad this morning as we said good-bye to people who left on flights for other cities…but we’ll be reunited in four days in Guangzhou with our babies!

Godfrey left his digital camera battery and charger back in the Beijing hotel, so we were a little bummed out at the airport this morning. It’s so small, and compact, that we didn’t even notice it plugged into the wall. Ugh! Thankfully, the hotel staff found it and is sending it to Guangzhou, so we’ll have it back in a few days. Meanwhile, another couple with an extra camera loaned us their Nikon until we’re reunited with our little Canon. Thank you so much, Granados!

We’re about 3 hours away from meeting Sarah, and we’ve been a little emotional thinking about her. Stacey’s been shedding a few tears of joy and anticipation! Every little thing is building up towards the moment. Getting on the flight this morning, arriving at the Changsha airport, arriving at the hotel, and then receiving the crib, stroller and wash tub in the room…every thing is just adding to our sense of anticipation.

This hotel, the Hua Tian, is pretty awesome. It’s like a Westin…very classy, clean and roomy. Not only did we receive all the baby stuff, but high speed internet access is provided for free too! Pretty cool! The L has really provided for us on this trip…we have had no lack for anything, and received more than we could expect.

We’ll be back online in a little while, with baby Sarah!

Advertisement



22nd August 2005

Stacey's smile
SOOOO happy for you folks! I haven't seen Stacey's smile like that for a loooong time...and it's soo good to see it! Crying is a part of it all so don't fret...it will continue for many of years. Glad to hear she's found comfort in s's arms and soon in her father's as well! Welcome to parenthood!!! The REAL adventure has begun! Love K and D
23rd August 2005

i'm SOOO excited for you guys, I can't wait to meet baby Sarah when I get back. i love you and miss you guys!

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb