second part


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
May 30th 2007
Published: May 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Even though I ended last part by saying/writing we left Beijing, there is a couple of more things to be said about the capital.

Apart from being a busy metropolis, the whole behaviour of chinese people is so different from what we know, that it definitely needs a furthers explanation.

In china they love to do everything together. When you walk down the street you can be sure that there'll be a lot of people asking if you wanna buy there product or being transported in their bicyclewagon or wanna see their calliograpfy (an ancient chinese writing) in an artgallery (you'll be surprised to see how many there are of those people) . From early morning to late night you can see people sit in the hutongs (the narrow streets crossing each other in the poor areas of central Beijing) and play cards, talk or just pointing fingers and talking loudly about passing foreigners, which brings us to the next point.

The chinese people is very curious people. They don't mind stopping in the middle of the street to look at you. Where we in Denmark would find that very rude, they don't seem to even think that thought. We have been stopped a couple of times by complete strangers because they want to take pictures of us together with them. It can take some time to get used to, but as soon as you realise they are just curious, it's a very fun experience.

All in all, you might be a little annoyed or even angry in the beginning, but you will end up liking the chinese people for their direct and friendly attitude towards strangers and their smiling faces

Next time it will be xi'an, i promise

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb