Made in China - Perth to Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Forbidden City
September 14th 2013
Published: September 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

23:34 and already in Singapore. The flight was uneventful, with the usual large selection of TV, movies, music and the like on the back-of-seat screens. I’ve just noticed the neck pillow I bought in Perth was MADE IN CHINA. How interesting – that gives me the theme for this trip. Feeling tired and a little dried out. It’s warm in Changi, and expected to be humid but its bearable. The airport is impressive in size, both the length of the terminal and height of the ceilings. Some interesting art in sculptures and vases is on display at the B gates end of the central area. Ky had a peek in the Desigual store, and then bought some chocolate with the boys in one of two multi-brand chocolate stores. Liam was impressed by a gold plated fish ~30cm long, on sale for S$2,600.

The total wait at Changi is 5 hours, but T3 is quiet enough and the calming elevator music is just shy of being annoying. I think I recognised a Richard Clayderman tune in there at one stage. The ladies opposite us are chattering away in Mandarin. I’m trying to interpret, but 1 in 5 words just isn’t quite enough. Eventually the plane is ready and we depart.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb