Trip of Giants - Oaxaca


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
August 20th 2010
Published: August 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Last day in Oaxaca today. First on the agenda is to pack all our bits and pieces. By discarding the unnecessary shampoos and so on, we manage to cut down to just 1kg over and everything fits in ok. Amazing. Unfortunately one of the large orange lizard's feet breaks off while packing. I expect another one at least to come off by the end of the flights, but should be able to fix with a little glue.

We walk into town for lunch, first having a long last look at the markets on Plazuela Labastida (that first market we'd found on Sunday) where we find a few gifts. Lunch is in a modern cafe on Ave Independencia which is passable. Then we walk down and through the 20 de Noviembre markets again. Liam decides to buy a Luche mask - the mask of the mexican wrestlers.

Taxi back, swim in the pool. Again I receive brainwashing "You are a fish." "You are a fish." "You are a fish." "You are a fish." But the effect wears off when I get out of the pool and away from Liam. Just as well.

Dinner is back at the mall Plaza
Oaxaca streetOaxaca streetOaxaca street

Before renovation...
del Valle, and we do sample the place in the center of the foodhall. The boys ask for hotdogs but don't like them while I get a chicken roll. Ky has a subway. Both Liam and Joseph are too tall for the 1.22m height limit in the playground. We have a look in the little arcade area instead, then collect some snacks and head back to the room for a quiet night.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb