Last day in Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Chaoyang district
July 1st 2009
Published: July 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we took it easy by just going shopping in Beijing. We did have tea tasting and found out that the Jasmine tea comes from Beijing region, green tea comes from Shanghai region whereas Olong tea is from Fujan region. The degree of tea boiling for Jasmine should be 85C, green tea is 75C and Olong tea is 95C.

Today is our last day in Beijing; we will check out about noon and head to the airport since our Thai Airways flight to BKK is at 5:00 PM. We will arrive in BKK around 9:00 PM and then have to wake up early tomorrow to catch Air Asia for Hanoi bound at 6:45 AM. We will arrive in Hanoi at 8:35 AM. I just called Hoang in Hanoi to tell him to pick me up at the airport.

Today for the first time in China in 1 week, we had electricity cut-off for about 1 hour in the morning and we did not encounter any raining day.

In the coming weeks, we will be in Vietnam and Thailand and we will have less blogging time since currently we have Internet in our room allowing us to communicate with you more frequently.

This is Tuyen:
Beijing is a very nice place to visit. We can find almost any North American comfort here. My favorite place that i've seen in China is the Yun Yang grottoes.Full of colorful sculptures of Buddhas. Very impressive!!!
I felt the heat here very bearable. Nothing compared to Phoenix weather that we had last summer.

This is Nam:
In Beijing we went to a lot of places like the Great wall , Summer Palace , Forbidden City, Hanging Temple and more. My favorite place is probably the Hanging Temple because it is a Temple that is very high above the ground , it is very long and has a lot of stairs to go up , and there is a cave.
The food in Beijing isn't very good as in Canada. The McDonald taste weird and the KFC taste nothing like in Canada.

This is Mai:
My most memorable place was the Hanging Temple because it was on mountains and we could see other beautiful mountains beside it.We went to lot's of other places.
After i was done one temple, my feet started to hurt.
Its was soooooooo hot in China. I was boiling inside out.
We drank lot's and lot's of water. I think every day we drank at least 10 water bottles a day.
I dint really like the Beijing food but if I had to pick my favorite meal, it would be the tofu with soya sauce. I would always drink coke with every thing. I would always go to the restaurant that always have it and order it.

Advertisement



1st July 2009

Hi From Place Beaubien
All good things come to an end. It sounds like everyone has had a wonderful visit to China. Your family is so lucky to be able to enjoy together such a terrific experience. We love the pictures and the descriptions of the places you visited. They are so cooool. BTW, did you see anyone practicing Tai Chi forms in the morning? If so, it must be quite a sight to watch it with all the beautiful scenery in China. Thanks for sharing with us your memorable souvenirs. Take it easy and enjoy your next trip in Viet Nam. There, you certainly won’t have any language barrier as you do in China. Hopefully, Nam and Mai will enjoy the food better as well. Please say Hi to our relatives for us. Miss you all !
1st July 2009

I appreciate comments of Nam and Mai with their natural English. Mai should not drink too much coke, since too much sugar which is conducive to diabete. Apparently, no direct fly Peking/Hanoi this day since you should go through Bangkok ? Try to use email of Hoang and chu Ky to write email for us, if could not have internet for blog
1st July 2009

Wow! its like you read my mind!
Check out the Day 6 comment where I suggest to encourage the whole family to give their experiences too... wonderful. Too bad it will be less in the coming days. Cheers, #b

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb