Not Quite Piranha, but...


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
December 29th 2016
Published: June 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.4256, 103.86

Woke up Thursday and had a wonderful Cambodian/Western breakfast. Again, lots of wonderful fruit. We were so excited as today was the day we were to see Angkor Wat, the world's largest religious structure. We rather looked like scenes from a bad movie as we had on lots of sun lotion and lots of insect spray with deet, along with big hats. We were determined to not get any mosquito bites. Our guide took our appearance in stride, and we headed for the ticket counter to get our entry tickets. It was very busy and already warm, but we got to the Temple complex around 9:00am and started in! There is so much to see you can only do so much. We saw the main temple complex, the "Temple of Smiles,“ and the temples with the banyon trees. These are just a few of the main sites but with the heat, people and distances, that was enough!! It is said that Angkor Wat is a singular archeological feat and I think they are right. I never imagined I would get the opportunity to see it, and am so grateful; it is truly a sight to behold. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and so, of course, there were lots of people. We drank water the whole time and tried to see as much as we could. We were exhausted and by about 2:00pm we were done and done in.

We all went back to the hotel and rested and then got up to walk Anna and Charlotte into the shopping area near our hotel, where they could get a foot massage and oh what a massage it was!!! You put your feet into a big fish tank and then fish of varying sizes nibble on the dead skin of your feet. No way were my toes going in there, but they seemed to do ok, all for $3 and the chance to say they had done it ---only in Asia!! We did a little shopping and by then we all were done for the night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb