Phnom Penh


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
February 9th 2014
Published: February 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The morning was free which meant first lie in was definatly needed.Had to pack up again and headed for breakfast which always includes some sort of noodle dish.

We then chilled by the pool until departure.

We travelled by local bus to phnom penh which took six hours. We had booked seats and we were at the front and in cambodia you have to beep when your going to overtake a bike beep when your at side and beep when you have finished the maneouvre and with all the bikes around this was every two secs...soooo annoying as the horn was really loud, i would prob fall off my bike from the noise.

We managed to have little kip on.the bus and there was a toilet so i.didnt get toilet anxiety however it was a.mission as the cubicle was so small and the roads so bumpy and nithing to sit on as.most toilets here are squat toilets. Im amazing at squatting now.

We made it to.phnom penh. Straight away you could see this difference between here and siem reap. It wasnt really a backpacking

Place. Homeless people just sleeping in doorways. The kids are so streetwise polite but would rob you if you gave them chance but they just need to survive. One thing about them is how confident they were and their communication skills. One boy called mi sat with us having tea after trying to sell us bracelets. A girl from group bought him a coconut drink he loved it. They ask where you from when you say england they say top banana or lovely jubbly so funny. We played some games with him and then he was.asked.to.leave when we ate.

Our hotel was on a street full of bars and at reception had a sign saying.prostitutes not allowed in, so must be a problem round here. It didnt feel as safe walking around as.the previous places but noone had any problems.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb