The Killing Fields Of Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
January 23rd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

For me this is one of the worst genocides just by looking at the pictures that are just horrifying. In this Genocide the Khmer Rouge who overthrew the government of Cambodia. What the Khmer Rouge wanted to establish was a communist government and established it as a communist utopia in its place. The First act of this plan was to annihilate anyone it deemed to be an enemy of the state. This is just like the holocaust because they used a scapegoat to kill people for any little reason. This matters because it is showing as the Khmer Rouge wanted to establish his own government system and wanted perfect he decided to kill people if they were going against it. From the people who were killed included the military, teachers ,journalist,businessman, and intellectual Buddhists, and normal people like you and me who wore glasses were killed. No one really knows how many people died but it is said that 20% of Cambodia's population vanished. If it was not for the Vientameise people who invaded in 1979, who ,made the Khemer dissaper more people would hae still died.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb