Working through the Bucket List.


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
March 18th 2013
Published: March 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It's been a quite desire of mine for ages now, to head off to Cambodia to experience all that this country has to offer. I've been lucky enough to expereince several other Asian countries, and now feel that I am emotionally and physically prepared to give Cambodia a 'red hot go'. After much discussion about destinations, Delvene, who I have had some wonderful travel experiences with, and I are pleased to be going to realise this dream.

I've been spoiled in the past, having a person I knew at the other end. Luckily for me, this time it's someone who I went to school with, that I reconnected with via Facebook some time ago. There's been much to-ing and fro-ing of requests and information as we have decided upon our itinerary. Del and I are keen to be independant travellers, that is, not engaging with group travel. We want the flexibility to be able to go where we want, when we want, and not be tied into schedules and departure times. This gives us time to enjoy doing the historical things we enjoy. This worked well in India and Vietnam.

Flights are now booked Mackay - Singapore- Phnom Penh. Our return journey includes a couple of night stop over in Singapore. We are also looking at a side trip up to Luang Prabang in Laos.

So what are we looking forward to - The tragic history of Cambodia sweetened only by the beautiful geography of the area, seeing the sun over Ankor Wat, and the reclining Buddha in LP.

Can't wait for this 16 adventure to get under way.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb