Roam Cambodia - Pt. 2


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
February 25th 2008
Published: February 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Days 4-7: Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville

Day 4: departed Siem Reap around noon and rolled into Phnom Penh in the evening.

Day 5: in the morning, went to Tuol Sleng and Choeung Elk. Right before lunch, visited the National Museum. Big group happy hour/drinks at FCC.

Day 6: bus ride to Sihanoukville beach resort; arrived around 1400. Beach time! We celebrate Tim's 19th birthday on the beaches in Cambodia.

Day 7: boat ride to 3 local islands - some snorkeling, swimming, and lunch...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



27th February 2008

Spread the Word!
Excellent photos! Dengue fever season is always around the bend for Cambodia. I was there during Dengue season and decided to donate blood to the local children's hospital. The line-ups of very sick babies and children were along every hallway and outside of the hospital. I was ushered in by a guard, and treated like royalty when I said I was there to donate blood. The sample fridge was EMPTY. So sad...so many tourists see Angkor Wat/Cambodia, but don't donate blood (a mindful way to give something to the needy)! The hospital was very sanitary, I watched the Dr. open the packaged needle right in front of me. Only took me 10 minutes. Give it a try, you'll feel more hopeful about the overwhelming poverty that surrounds and constantly asks you for help. Thought you might consider this idea. Cheers!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb