Roam Cambodia - Pt. 3


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Mekong River Delta » An Giang » Chau Doc
February 26th 2008
Published: February 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 - 10: Mekong Delta - Chau Doc - Ho Chi Minh City

Day 8: we depart in the morning from Sihanoukville to Chau Doc, Vietnam. At the border crossing, Barbara and Harry 'decide' to embark on a side adventure and rendezvous with us the next day in Chau Doc.

We continue on from the border to Chau Doc, and at this point in the trip, half of the group is walking wounded from gastrointestinal problems...Those of us who are not stricken take mopeds up to Sam Mountain to view the sunset.

Tet festivities are going on at full swing, and we have dinner in a nearby public square. The last 2 intrepid adventurers standing continue on with one of the guides they met earlier on the ride up to Sam Mountain and partake of the local social scene, including having some good local brew 😊

Day 9: Harry and Barbara rejoin us right before we depart to Ho Chi Minh City. Long day of travel, including a ferry ride. We get in to HCMC late and grab a quick dinner.

Day 10: I'm the first one to depart this day, so I stay behind while several go explore the Chu Chi tunnels. I have a last lunch with Harry and about half of the remaining group before I take off to the airport to fly out to Phuket, from where my adventures will continue...Absolutely amazing tour, group, and tour leader!!! I'm still totally amazed by the the memories and friendships I made on this trip that will last me a lifetime and them some...


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb