Cambodia the best and the worst


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
August 8th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So, I'm now in Thailand after spending 4 hours in the back of a pick up truck on the roughest road with off and on rain and another 4 hours in a bus. It was a pretty good adventure.

Cambodia...I can sum it up in the tittle. From the great empire of Khmer to the unbelievable horrors of the Khmer Rouge. Our first stop was in Phnom Phen. This is where the S21 resides, high school turned torture prison. We learned of the sick things this regime inforced on the Cambodian people. We also visited the killing fields where they killed and buried the people. The worst of it was how they executed people...one solid blow to the back of the head with bamboo or a pick axe. Just plain sick...some of the things they did to the people were just wrong. You'll have to ask me if you really want to know more.

Now on the brighter side...Angkor Wat. Well there's lots of temples in Cambodia but Angkor Wat is the largest temple. These temples are amazing...you have to see them in person to really understand them. We also saw Ankor Thom and Pheng Pom ( i think). But the best was Bang Melia where you have to scale the ruins to see everything. A ture Indiana Jones adventure. You definately need to see the pictures, this place was amazing!.

Till next time

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0991s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb