More relaxing in the rain!


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
August 16th 2017
Published: August 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

What our current hotel lacks in its rooms, it makes up for with the breakfast. I had scrambled eggs, sausages, French toast with maple syrup and fresh fruit... Yummy! Gill and I went our separate ways today, she wanted to see the waterfalls nearby, but I didn't fancy it, I fancied just chilling, so went with a few of the others exploring.



It was still raining, it seemed to come in waves, sometimes it was really heavy, then it calmed down again, but it never really stopped! We decided to go and explore Serendipity Beach anyway. We found a place that did some fabulous coffee, so we spent time staring out to sea through the rain! In a lighter shower we decided to move and have a look at the pier. A little further down the beach, away from all of the tourist bars, we stumbled across a little bar overlooking the rocks, called La Luna. There was a crazy French guy working there, cute cats and excellent rose wine... It lured us in and trapped us for the afternoon.



We did move a little... To have a massage! ? A 60 minute aroma massage, it was fabulous. I've never had such a thorough all over body massage, but it made me feel amazing, the only bit I wasn't too keen on was my stomach. All of this activity gave us an appetite, so we headed back to La Luna for a delicious lunch of linguine with huge scallops.



The rest of the afternoon passed relaxing in the bar, looking out at the sea and the rain. I've never spent so much time at a beach when it is raining, there is something quite magical about watching the sea through the rain.



After such a busy day, we had a lot of pent up energy, so we got rid of it dancing! It was our final full evening as a group, so Harry took us to one of the beach bars, called Anchor Bar, for a seafood BBQ. He surprised us all by giving each one of us a gift - one of the traditional scarves that we saw on our travels and he had explained about the many different ways it could be used to support Cambodian life. We had a delicious meal of clams, scallops and prawns, followed by a few cocktails and a lot of dancing. There was another G-adventures tour, a Yolo (youth) group... We showed them how to party!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb