Journey North


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
January 4th 2011
Published: January 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well we decided to head north into Siem Reap for our second and final destination in Cambodia. Although it is a really nice country it is very similar to Laos in my opinion and we are looking forward to the temples of Angkor an then beaches of the south.

We tried to book a sleeper bus but it was full so we went to the next best option. Between the 5 of us we decided to rent a private mini bus (like a large transport van thatseats 12). we originally were going to get it at night so we could sleep all night and arrive in Siem Reap suing the morning. The tour agent guy convinced us otherwise. He said it would take around 6-7 hours. We knew they are always inaccurate but we figured if we leave at 12 noon we would still get in at a decent time...

The trip itself was pleasant at the start. Tons of space and nicely air conditioned. We could stop wherever we wanted so we did a couple of times for food and fresh fruit. It felt a little bit like driving through the okanagan during the summer fruit season except we were surround by jungle and if you ha to go pee you stayed near the road in case of land mines.

It starte to get unpleasant when 8 OClock rolled around and we were still 3 hours out of Siem Reap. Those darn travel agents got us again. Well we found a hostel and crashed sometime between midnight and one in the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb