Sihanoukville - Phnom Penh


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
May 22nd 2010
Published: May 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

IMG_0234IMG_0234IMG_0234

Sokha private beach
So after our wonderful day at the lovely Otres Beach with the herbalist's we decided that the next day we should go the other end of the spectrum and see what the posh Sokha Beach was about. This is a private beach owned by the Sokha Hotel that has a huge resort beachfront. Rooms are around 150-300$, but, they let the rabble in on a day use system. A great way to live it up without the price tag. After some haggling and begging with the guy who coined himself " the King of the Pool" we settled at the rate of $12 for all of us instead of $40. No doubt this goes to his Christmas fund!!!!
A beautiful beach that was freshly raked and lots of sun loungers that waiters will bring your cocktails to. My style.
We also had use of the large pool and this also was beautiful. No rubbish in the water. We had a huge rain storm come in and we swam while this was on. Very warm water in the ocean. The business owners from Occhiteal need to come and see this beach. If they sort out the rubbish there is no reason there
IMG_0244IMG_0244IMG_0244

Happy days
beach can't be this clean and nice. Rubbish bags are a huge problem throughout Cambodia and while I have seen litter before, this has been mind boggling. Very hard to explain to the kids.
After our lovely day at the beach we had to head back to Phnom Penh the next day so we could be ready for our boat trip to Vietnam down the Mekong River. When in Phnom Penh previously we had booked our tickets on the express boat frpm PP to Chau Doc. $21 each and the boat left from PP and arrived in Chau Doc about 4 1/2 hours later. Miss Sunny had assured us that is was aiirconditioned and that there were designated seats. We even had seat numbers written on our tickets. The air conditioning was thru the window ( yes, it is still airconditioning) and the seat were a free for all. I expressed my concern about the seating to the boat guy and we managed to get boarded first. Got great seats foir kids at front with room on the floor for them to play. Those kids do come in handy occasionally.
We were on the boat with a group doing Intrepid
DSC00147DSC00147DSC00147

Sokha Beach
and there was still a few empty seats. Boat left at 12 noon ish. I would definitely recommnd this as a great way to travel between Cambodia and Vietnam. Very easy border crossing and we were thru in minutes. No baggage checks.
So off to Vietnam we go with sadness to be leaving the woderful people of Cambodia. ( and there cheap drinks)


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

DSC00148DSC00148
DSC00148

More beautiful beach
DSC00152DSC00152
DSC00152

Relaxing
IMG_0251IMG_0251
IMG_0251

Piggies!!!
IMG_0261IMG_0261
IMG_0261

Sausage
DSC00146DSC00146
DSC00146

Amazing Dragon Sculpture Sokha Resort


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb