Sihanoukville = Beach and Party


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
May 19th 2010
Published: May 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sihanoukville = Beach and Party

Sihanoukville is a beach town in south Cambodia and it's quite close to Vietnam border. A lot of construction on going but Sihanoukville still is a great place for travelers!

I was staying in Monkey Republic guest house, that is really popular with back packers. Bar is great and it is full of travelers in the evening. Rooms are very basic ones but cheap (8USD for double room).

Funny thing happened when I arrived to the guest house. I was there at a reception at same time than one other traveler. And because single rooms were not available the receptionist said that there is only double rooms left but you can share the room. He though that we were travelling together. So we looked each other and said OK. So I end up sharing room with a traveler I had never seen before, but then the room was only 4 USD per person. And we end up having great time with other travelers in Sihanoukville.

There is not much to see in Sihanoukville. You can make day trips to islands or to national park. But town itself is a small one. But the reason why travelers come here is the beach and the party. Currently there is a lot of construction work on going, but so far tourists are all back packers, at least at this time of the year.

I met great people here, end we party with the same group every evening. Thanks Italy, Anna, Jenny, Andy, Nick, Day1, Luke, and others for a great week!

And next to Saigon…



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb