Dalat in Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
May 22nd 2010
Published: May 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

SaigonSaigonSaigon

Interesting electricitry
OK, I was three days in Saigon, but for me there was not so much. Of course night life is very lively in Saigon but that was not my thing this time. The thing that I remember best is the traffic. Crossing over the roads is interesting, because there are motorbikes, cars and cyclos. And a lot of them. There is over 4 000 000 motorbikes in Saigon, and they all are on the road at a same time. Only way to cross the road is to move slowly but constantly, and no sudden moves. If others can anticipate your moves then there is no problem and they can go around you. One sudden move and there will be accidents.

The war museum was impressive place also.

But now I’m in town called Dalat. Dalat is located in central highlands and is about 1500 meters above sea level. The weather is much cooler! First time in six weeks I wear a shirt with long sleeves and I was also thinking using shoes instead of sandals/flip flops. I really enjoyed walking around town although it was raining, but at least you can walk without sweating.

Dalat is cool town and the surrounding nature is really beautiful. A lot od pine trees. Today I did a motorbike tour to see places around the town. It was a great day. We stopped to see how different things are manufactured in family businesses. I saw silk manufacturing from cocoon to a ready fabric, rice wine making, coffee beans growing, flower producing and other stuff. It was nice to see how local family businesses works. One valley was special because other side there was pine trees and other side there was rain forest.

The town is quite lively and here is a lot of hotels. This is popular vacation place due to the cooler climate and nature around this place. Big market area and many places to eat: both restaurants and eateries by the street. And town it self is nice place. A lot of deep hills and slopes. The central is quite small and it is easy to walk around during the evening.

Dalat is really a worthwhile visiting and staying few days here!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Rock on the roadRock on the road
Rock on the road

The bus trip to Dalat was stopped because huge rocks was in the midlle of the road.
Water falls around DalatWater falls around Dalat
Water falls around Dalat

Elephant water falls
DucksDucks
Ducks

I day old ducks in a farm
MoonshineMoonshine
Moonshine

Making rice 'moonshine'
Crazy houseCrazy house
Crazy house

This is really wort visiting, real Alice in Vonderland feeling.


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb