Beaches and Thunderstorms on the Cambodian Coast!


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
June 3rd 2009
Published: October 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

A Sihanoukville SceneA Sihanoukville SceneA Sihanoukville Scene

The view from our room after lots of rain.
Sihanoukville, here we come!

When you arrive at a beach destination, the last thing you want to see is thunderstorms! Our plan to relax and save some money by spending days on the beach, lounging in the sun were down the drain. It rained for 3 days. I won't complain too much because the thunderstorms were pretty cool to see. Instead of sunbathing we played lots of scrabble and ate ice-cream sundaes 😊 We stayed at Sea View Villa II which was western owned, the food was really great for western food in the east. Newly refurbished, it was a nice place with friendly staff and for $8 a night we had an en suite double room with sea views only a 2 minute walk from the beach. Internet was not available however, there was a cheap internet cafe across the street. The beach were we were staying had many beachside restaurants to choose from with bbq and beer specials for happy hour which seemed to be every hour! For those of you who like to party, Sihanoukville is the place to be, for me, not so much :P.

Best (and worst) of Sihanoukville:

• Sea View Villa's
The BeachThe BeachThe Beach

Golden sandy beach, no rain!
ice-cream sundaes and western sandwiches mmm!
• The beach BBQs and happy hour.
• Peace and Quiet



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

JokerJoker
Joker

This kid tried aaaall day to get us to buy his bracelets, was entertaining though!


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb