Back on dry land


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
June 21st 2009
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

So we made it here alive on the overnight bus from Siem Reap. Kev and I managed to get the worst seats - above the toilet, with the least legroom AND I had a cup holder where my knee should have fit. As you can tell we really enjoyed the trip 😉 we ended up spending the majority of our first day here, in bed, napping! whoops. So we ended up checking in to a cheap hotel instead of a hostel because it wasnt tooo much more and had decent rooms rather than hot damp huts. We then spent hours discussing what we would do with our full day here, and ended up booking on to a snorkeling trip to some of the islands nearby. We then had a free meal and cheap drinks at the local "party hostel" and then went to bed.
Today we got up and packed our stuff to leave it at a hostel for our return, then decided to stay at the same hotel and save lugging our stuff about. Our boat journey consisted of everyone trying their hardest not to be sea sick, and then we went snorkeling at our first island. Everyone lasted about 10 mins before getting fed up of the masks fogging up, or standing on the hundreds of sea urchins, or getting tired due to not being given flippers. We then went to Bamboo island for our lunch. After a walk across the island to the really nice beach there, we went for a snorkle round by the boats for a bit. Then our return journey was actually choppy so once again everyone was quiet, concentrating on not vomming everywhere. I had a nice day, i'm not sure everyone appreciated it though!!
Tomorrow we go to Pnomh Penh, we've heard its a pretty interesting place.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb