Cambodia continues....


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
July 18th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dear Blog,

Well it seems that after all my hours slaving over a computer writing to you about my adventures, the central computer has crashed and I have lost about 90% of my blog. I am gutted, but my mum as been printing each entry off bless her, so at least its not all bad.

Anyway, its my second to last day of my trip before I have to go home, and I am feeling a mixture of excitement, nerves and complete and utter dread. I am hoping that when I get back I will feel okay and not too depressed, I will just have to come up with a plan of action, or just spend days lying on my bed gazing into space reliving it all (not hugely practical I know).

Anyway, I am trying to remember where I got up to in my blog...I think I just got to cambodia, but apologies if I repeat myself at all.

So still in Pnom Peng, I spent the day seeing more sights, and hung around in the grungey backpacker area by the lake eating banana and chocloate pancakes and drinking tea. Had another curry in the same restaurant as the night before as I was still craving Indian food...in fact I could do with one now just remembering it.

The next day I took a bus to Sihanoukville a small town on the south coast, and was pleasantly surprised by how lovely and clean it was. Not sure what I was expecting...probably pnom peng by the sea. Spent the afternoon reading on the beach and then watched Casino Royale.

Spent the whole of the next day on a sun lounger on the beach. It was a gorgeous day...I had my nails manicured whilst lying under the sun shade...bliss, and played dominoes with the family who owned the restaurant I camped out at. Had dinner on the beach at a restaurant where I was the only patron, and chatted to tony the waiter who earned 13 dollars a month, and couldnt afford to eat and send himself to school. Gave him a big tip.

The next day I continued my travels through Cambodia to Siem Reap, passing paddy fields dotted with palms, and I had flashbacks to tv broadcasts from Cambodia during the Khmer rouge campaign I felt quite uneasy.

Anyway, I have another poem for you blog. I wrote this one on a beach in thailand...

The Happy Wanderer.

What was it that I hoped to find,
when I said goodbye,
when I left behind
a life that I thought I was supposed to live,
of family, of friends, of myself to give?

Perhaps I wanted to 'find myself',
to be that person I thought I should be.
Or, perhaps I was searching
for my one true love,
like nothing before, or nothing to be.

Now I know what it was I was hoping to find,
and it wasn't about what I left behind.
It is something within me, a desire, a truth,
to live life for the moment as I want it to be,
an adventurer, an explorer, happy and free.

....and as for the love of my life,
well, I'll just have to wait and see.

Hope you like it. Got to go now... will save the rest for tomorrow as I'm sure I'll be killing time before my flight at 2.30 am!!!!! Oh god

Laters

Fogg x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb