Day 3 - Phnom Penh


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
November 9th 2011
Published: November 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Mark was craving for a full English breakfast after only being away for 3 days! His Khmer "English breakfast" consisted of: 2 lovely fried eggs, something that resembled a sausage, 2 strips of raw meat (we assume bacon) and 4 baked beans on toast, not 4 portions of beans, but yes, 4 beans on toast :-) We then visited the Genocide museum S-21. This used to be a school that was used and transformed by the Khmer Rouge in 1975 to interrogate, torture and kill men, women and children. We felt humble and so ashamed to be human beings, how can these atrocities happen?

Tuk tuk to the central market to purchase a few provisions for the trip ahead and went to a trendy young Khmer restaurant. We were the oldies there but who cares? As we were chatting a bunch of young ladies were sitting around with a few beers and along came a pot on a table top barbeque, alas, a life turtle was slowly being boiled. We were curious as to how they would eat it but we couldn't hang around to watch it, no doubt it was delicious!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb