Phnom Penh - Take 2


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
November 18th 2007
Published: November 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Little girl on the BusLittle girl on the BusLittle girl on the Bus

This little girl decided to amuse herself by laughing at me on the last hour of our journey to Phnom Penh, which in turn amused me.
Got to Phnom Penh after a 6 hour bus ride which was 'Fun' to say the least. The first corner we met on the road was a blind one, so the driver decided to overtake a lorry on this bend, only to find on the other side, a lorry coming the other way, as rapidly or if not more than the speed we were approaching it!
Did nothing the first day there, just took a walk around and tried to get my bearings, but to no avail.
Went for a beer at night then back to bed to have a fresh start the next day.
Next day was straight to the 'Killing Fields", not sure how to explain what it was like, it was a strange feeling to say the least.
The place was very scenic and tranquil and to imagine the atrocities that took place there was unthinkable.
In the afternoon i visited Tuol Sleng, the high school in Phnom Penh thousands of men women and children were horrifically murdered .
This place again was a strange place to see, even more so than the Killing Fields because the evidence of what went on was actually there to see. The tools they used were just horrific.
I cannot even comprehend how anyone would be able to commit such acts against other human beings, no matter what they thought of them.
On a lighter note, I managed to find a pub in Phnom Penh where the Scotland gam was live, then we were glorious in defeat once again.

We wiz robbed!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Block CBlock C
Block C

Block C at Teol sleng Genocide Museum or S-21 as it was called.
Courtyard ViewCourtyard View
Courtyard View

View of Courtyard from block C through barbed wire.
ClassroomClassroom
Classroom

Classsrooms with beds used for torture.


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 7; ; mem: 1.1mb