Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kep
December 28th 2006
Published: January 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After Ho Chi Minh City it was on to Cambodia for ten days of sunshine, wonderful scenery and surprisingly good food!

We started in Kep, on the Gulf of Thailand. A fancy French seaside resort (Kep-sur-Mer) prior to the war, Kep was all but abandoned during the worst of the violence in Cambodia. Now as you drive through the streets you're surrounded on all sides by beautiful (but derelict) colonial buildings, and amazingly ornate lampposts. This was the beginning of the pre-wedding party, and we all stayed at an amazing bungalow resort with views of the sea, great cocktails, and spectacular sunsets. We took a boat to Koh Tonsay (known locally as Rabbit Island. Apparently it looks like a rabbit. Perhaps from the air?) - and swam in the (warm) sea, visited Kampot (and a pepper farm - eventually. Despite local assurances that you couldn't miss it, we did. Kampot was world famous for it's pepper prior to the war - no French restaurant would be without it), and some caves near the Vietnamese border. And Sandra ate Amok - a Cambodian speciality, served in a coconut shell - three out of four evenings!

Next... Phnom Penh!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Cocktails!Cocktails!
Cocktails!

The Gin Fizz was especially good...
The pepper farmThe pepper farm
The pepper farm

It's got big blue gates - you can't miss it! But we did. Twice.
The happy coupleThe happy couple
The happy couple

Peter and Christiana on the boat to Rabbit Island
A hammock on the balconyA hammock on the balcony
A hammock on the balcony

It's a tough life - Simon relaxing on the balcony
SunsetSunset
Sunset

Sunset over the Gulf of Thailand


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb