weds day 138


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kampot
June 9th 2015
Published: June 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

My morning got as exciting as walking down to the beach to take a few pictures while waiting for the bus to Kampot. It felt good to be moving onto the next town, until the minibus arrived! It was the same old/clunky model minibus that Kate and I had caught on our travels from Kratie to Siem reap a wk ago. However the saving grace today was the better driver, who had no problem with sweating tourists wanting to open the window ( because the age of the bus the air conditioning is rubbish!) so, i was on my way. Made it to Kampot within a few hours and got the usual helpful tuk tuk driver to the hotel. Heading out to get my bearings i stopped off at Rusty Keyhole - yes, really!!! And living up to its name the food was s**t! Sorry couldn't resist that one! But yeah the food really wasn't that good, so not hanging around for too long i went for a walk. Found a lovely little shop and brought a few bits and lined up a couple of cafes to come back and try tomorrow. I headed back to the hotel as night was drawing in and watched the men's semi final French tennis open - Novak djokavitch ( def spelt wrong!) won - Was a good game!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb