Last day in Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
August 2nd 2011
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.4691, 104.041

By now, Nat and I were running low on energy. It'd been a busy couple weeks and we elected for a quieter day in Siem Reap (to begin with), just the two of us.
We had a bit of a sleep in, and wandered through the markets. We baught a fair amount for a fairly small amount of money and shrugged off a million ever-so-tempting high pressure offers; my favourites being: 'you buy one dollar!' and 'tuk tuk my friend?'
From here we did jump on a tuk tuk to return to the park. Here, I had to set things right. It was just a few days ago, I'd attempted to free a caged bird, only for it to go horribly wrong and it come crashing back down to earth. Today, for just $5, i set two cages of birds free, all of them flying away.
From here we ambled accross the park to the 5 star Raffles Resort for cocktails by the pool. This hotel managed to salvage my enthusiasm for Mojito's after the previous efforts had ravaged the drinks dignity.
We returned to go for dinner with the group. Tonights location was to be a 'cook-it-yourself' affair, selecting your own food and cooking it on the grill Cambodian style. It was novel enough, and a decent enough feed. The final stop of the night was the 'Angkor What?' bar on pub street. Here things got a little.. hazey. I now realise, that the Asian sized cocktail can cause serious problems. Rather than grabbing a cocktail in a normal sized glass, its standard to get buckets here, for half the price (or less) as back home... What started as one, soon became three... two of which were long islands, and remarkably strong. Add the two pre dinner cocktails, beers at dinner, two absynth and red bull mixers = disaster. I dont remember how the end of the night panned out. Tomorrow I would get the pleasure of beginning to piece it together.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb