Intrepid Tour Ends


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 3rd 2011
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.7308, 100.521

I woke up at about 5am, next to naked, in a bathtub, that wasnt in our room. I couldnt remember much of anything. Steve (from my tour) and Nat had helped me piece the evening together. With time, snippets slowly came back to memory... crawling under the table at the bar, some dancing, a severe road accident on the way back, a drunk motorbike rider down, blood, severe injury, talking to a lizard, clambering up the stairs of our hotel, being sick, time and time again, our bathroom door being locked for some reason, and finally waking up in Steve's bathtub with under an hour sleep before we set off for Bangkok @ about 7am.
The trip was rather dire and painful. It lasted some 8+ hours by a tiny private bus. About 3 before the border crossing, about 2 at the border crossing (which was slow and disorganised) and about 3 after the border crossing. It was a scorching hot day, hotter than Cambodia. Not humid, but dry and painful, especially after the previous night.
Our destination hotel was the 'New World Hotel.' This was definatley the nicest hotel of the tour. We dropped our things, took a brief rest
Nat Crosses the BorderNat Crosses the BorderNat Crosses the Border

Between Cambodia @ Thailand
and headed out to dinner for our final night on Koshan Road. It started rather poorly, the group being split up before we even arrived at the resteraunt. The food was... interesting. I ordered the fried fish with pepper and garlic. Sounded decent enough. What I received was actually, a complete fish. Skin, head, eyes, insides... the lot. Intimidating enough initially, but ultimately, TASTY! Despite the look of horror on the face of the recently departed fish, I polished most of him off happily enough.
The remainder of the evening would be casual enough (drink free for me after last night). We said our goodbyes to everyone, and returned to the hotel for some well needed shuteye!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



5th August 2011

Sounds like yourv'e done a lot of drinking and eating on this trip - by the way did the lizard answer back?

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb