Home stay visit


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
July 20th 2013
Published: July 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

On our journey to Siam Reap we stopped off in a small rural village for a nights home stay visit. Prior to this we visited an old temple nearby. It was built around six hundred years ago and had remained sleeping there until recently. There were several small temples and gates some of which had fallen into disrepair but some were still complete.

After this we arrived at the home stay, which was in a small rural village where the main industry is rice. The families get up at around 5am every day to carry out daily chores before going to work in the rice fields. Some Of the elderly villagers till work in the fields.

Our host showed us to our room which was the whole of the upstairs of their house. There were twelve of us in the party and we all slept in this room. A basic bed and pillow of sorts were provided, along with a mosquito net and a fan which ran until 10pm when the generator was switched off. On the evening we arrived we were shown around the village which was quite small, and the road through was just a hardened soil road which when it rains turns to mud. After our walk the sky looked very heavy and started to thunder and lightening. The rain became heavy and it rained heavily most of the night.

The lady of the house and her family provided us with a lovely local meal and breakfast in the morning. The toilet facilities were pretty basic and there was no running water but we managed, the whole experience was a real taste of Cambodia and I certainly enjoyed it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb