Temples of Angkor


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
January 5th 2011
Published: January 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well I'm glad we went to bed early last night. Waking up at 4:15 is not something you do often while on vacation. Seeing the sun rise over Angkor Wat is supposed to be one of those monumental things. Our tuk-tuk driver told us we had to leave at 4:30 to make it on time so there we were all ready to go at 4:20. We left around 4:40 and got to Angkor Wat just after 5. Unfortunately our tuk-tuk driver wasn't very accurate because sun rise wasn't until 6:40.

The good news is we were some of the first ones there so we got the best spots by the pond. When your at the pond it reflects Angkor Wat for the perfect photo. The bad news was we had to sit there for almost 2 hour waiting. It was kind of funny the three of us taking the best photo spots and all we had were two little point and shoots. The ppl with the SLRs and tripods were stck behind having to peek around and through us.

Sunrise was rather anticlimatic as there was no collie in the sky. We ended up goin through Ankor Wat quickly to avoid the chaotic rush of people. It worked well because when we went to the next temple Bayon(Ankor Thom) there was hardly anyone there. This was a temple that had tons of faces carved into the towers. 52 towers in all I think. After this we went to one more big temple then a couple smaller ones. The other big temple was the jungle temple with giant trees growing in it.

Finally on the way home we stopped by a band of monkeys to take photos. We had the tuk-tuk all day so it only took us until lunch time to do. After that James and I went to the pool for the afternoon. At night we all met up again and went to the bar for a night of fun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb