ill again...


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
August 27th 2008
Published: August 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I didn't make it to the floating village on Sunday cause starting from half three in the morning I began an intimate relationship with my toilet! Throwing up spaghetti bolognaise at that time in the morning isn't fun! I just thought that would be a nice way to start the blog and hopefully you haven't just eaten! So i spent Sunday and Monday in bed and eventually ventured out for a nice healthy meal of half a portion of chips on Tuesday night. Not what I had planned but seeing as we had all ended up in a mexican restaurant, it probably wouldn't have been a good idea for my stomach to participate!

There's now four of us at Angali...Fran and Vicki started Yesterday so when it comes to the workshops there wasn't alot to do. But with us all being super clever and all we decided to split the workshops in to 2 and have two volunteers run each group. We tried it today and it was hillarious. We had one group playing twister and the other playing skittles. Twister is brilliant fun anyway but when you have a load of kids who don't really understand what to do...its much better! I tried to show them how to play but when I fell over and lost they all just jumped on top of me and I spent the next 15 minutes or so just trying to stand up. The skittles was a little more successful but you can't really go wrong with that one. Both the games were baught by Vicki and Fran...they brought so much stuff with them. I don't think they had enough room for all their clothes! I didn't bring anything with me but I got Angali's address off Sam today so am definately gonna send some stuff over when i get back!

Pictures should be ok now...I think it was the memory card having a funny moment so I just swapped it over...but I still cant get the old ones on here...but dont worry there will still be millions (quite literally) for you to see when I get back...ha ha ha oh the torture...

K8..
x x x

p.s I will open my post when I get back ... it's not gonna be anything exciting... I havent entered the lottery whilst I have been here!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

But it didn't work...But it didn't work...
But it didn't work...

So we just decided to lay down and have a look at the ceiling!


27th August 2008

lovely pics
Hi Kate- sorry to hear about your relationship with the loo- hope all is well now? Will you get another chance to go to the forest? That's what comes from eating curry- he he. I love the pics- I'm not suprised they are confused by twister- just don't try cricket with them! Glad to hear that some more volunteers are joining you- more socialising no doubt too. I am back at work - well, Ihave been since the 11th more or less. Horrible, although the awful weather helps in a way. Hope to read more soon- no letter yet, by the way!! love you loads. mumxx
29th August 2008

Letter
I wrote your first letter a few days ago actually...just havent got round to posting anything yet...even the postcards i wrote after a week of being here!
6th September 2008

Langney
Hi Kate, have been following your blog since you left, and it sounds like you are having a great time. You now have your own display board at school (the big one outside the library), and there is a space on there for the kids to ask you questions, so there may be some more messages on the way to you. Everyone is missing you at Breakfast, Matthew keeps waiting for you to walk him round to his class! "I always go with Kate". We had 13 on first day and 12 on second so a peaceful start. Speak to you soon. Lynda
8th September 2008

hi K8
Hi Hon, Just having a quick squiz at what u been up to.We all started back at Langney, first full week begins today. I'm working with D.T in the mornings and Keystage one PPA in the afternoons. Course i have no lunchtimes ..Hooray, although i do miss working with you guys, and i miss the top table and i miss going outside, miss making things in the P.A.C and playing with the kids. Twister looks like fun, can i come and play with you guys?? ha ha . How are you enjoying the rice, Jill wants some tips on imaginative rice dishes ha ha . Spaghetti and chips? What happened to 'when in Rome...'. Take care and i'll keep checking the post for my postcard. luv wendy.

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb