Free times, fun and frolic.......and, of course, food!


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
November 17th 2007
Published: November 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We done good!We done good!We done good!

And check out the purty bags!
Whooooooohoooooooo! A free day for all!!!!!!


Today's Quote

Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.

-Ovid



We (Brenda and Pat) were up and at 'em in the gym (to work off some of the food and booze), and then headed to the lobby to meet with Fay and Carroll to send our people off on their respective (optional) tours for the day. Then.......

We were on our own! We headed to the Tuk-Tuk (transportation) and off to the market! We had our "fashionista" with us (Fay), our chief bargainer (Brenda), our Marketing Representative (me) and, of course, our Ass-t Tour Director......Princess Carroll. Into the market, and lo and behold, half the Travel Guild groups were in there, adding to the local economy! And we did a great job spending........the pictures speak for themselves. We bought much of the "same same" stuff, but different! (local quote), including team outfits. It was dark at the market, and rather smelly in places (near the fish market). We had a great time, lots of laughs and Brenda promoted me from rookie-bargainer to "bargainer extra-ordinaire"! (Wow, Brenda's words)

Back to the Tuk-Tuk, to
Off we go, in the Tuk TukOff we go, in the Tuk TukOff we go, in the Tuk Tuk

Here are Carroll and Fay and we're on our way.......
return to the hotel. The driver ran out of gas (we were still rather energetic), and so we hopped out and hoofed it back to the hotel. Don't feel sorry for us......it was only one block away! Lunch at the hotel today was in the bar (Fay's words, not mine), with snackies and beer (it was HOT and humid out there today) and "show and tell" with all the others who had gathered. Great bargains for everyone. Comparisons on who got the best deal on whatever item. Such fun! The bar will never be the same!

And now........the grand afternoon at the Spa! (check out the pictures again) Brenda was the most spoiled princess of all, being at the spa for a whole 3 hours (min.). She wanted a picture and it was like getting through Fort Knox to get into the room where she was having a "wrap". They didn't want to let me in! But, get in I did.......and get pictures, I did! She also had massage, facial, manicure and pedicure.......all for the worldly price of $85!!!!! And she loved every minute of it. I, on the other hand, (having psoriasis and therefore cautionary about any type
And the "apprentices" sat on the other side......And the "apprentices" sat on the other side......And the "apprentices" sat on the other side......

Brenda had a stain on her shirt, and didn't want it in the picture, so I tried to help by covering it up, ha ha
of physical manipulation.......) had a one-hour, oil therapy massage. It was fabulous, dah-ling! And guess what Carroll and Faye did for the afternoon??????.......more retail therapy!!!!

After that, I was back in the Business Center......yes, trying desperately to upload pictures for the blog that you all received (and enjoyed!) yesterday. Then, it was time to get ready for our gala dinner around the pool, which warrants a special blog unto itself. And now that I am currently sitting at the hotel in Agra (India), which has the real-deal high speed wireless internet........you may actually get that one shortly too!

So, sit back and enjoy these photos; have a chuckle or two but know that (based on my "man on the street" survey yesterday, everybody loved their day off!!!! People chose to go to the War Museum, or the Artisan's Village, elephant ride, etc. etc. etc. The choices were unending.)

(Good night, Mom. I love you!)

Happy Pat, (and Carroll, Fay, and Brenda too)






Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

These toes were made for.........These toes were made for.........
These toes were made for.........

Shopping......and that's just what they.....did!
Here goes Brenda.........Here goes Brenda.........
Here goes Brenda.........

Let the bargaining begin!
Lunch at the market......Lunch at the market......
Lunch at the market......

I was starving, but not tempted (in any way) to join these gals in their little stalls.......
Happy Birthday, Len Thomson!!!!!Happy Birthday, Len Thomson!!!!!
Happy Birthday, Len Thomson!!!!!

Hey Len! Birthday greetings from your favorite mother-in-law (that would be Brenda Bergen!)
Hey Brenda, are you in there??????Hey Brenda, are you in there??????
Hey Brenda, are you in there??????

This is the room she was in......and they wouldn't let me in!!!!! Talk about privacy when you're getting a "treatment" but......hey, I'm THE blogger.....and I got in!
Is that a monkey on my back?????Is that a monkey on my back?????
Is that a monkey on my back?????

Nope.....just one of those incredibly talented young ladies at the spa! Man, did she have powerful fingers!!!!! And it felt amazing..........(thanks to my friends!)


17th November 2007

Whew!
You travellers have been on the road for two weeks and the energy level seems to still be at a high despite all the comings and goings. Do the four of you represent the rest of the group or are you a breed of your own? There must have been some who chose/needed/welcomed a day off from this whilrwind tour, but you obviously were not numbered among them. Will keep checking up on all of you....
17th November 2007

Looking Great At the Spa!
Hey Pat! This holiday looks better and better. You'll never want to come back. I look forward daily to your next event. Keep on enjoying. By the way, there's no snow yet in Edmonton. Jacky
17th November 2007

Ah, the Spa
Hi Pat. Finally something I can relate to. Glad you enjoyed your shopping day and treatment at the spa. That's the way to live! I'm so glad that you are having a good time and it looks like you're getting a great tan. Keep it up!!
17th November 2007

Greetings from "The Sound"
Hi Pat, We are enjoying your blogs and following "our Brenda" on another of her adventures. Stay safe and keep having fun. Louise
18th November 2007

Hi Pat, Carroll invited me in and I'm loving your blog. We've always wondered what our Carroll was doing when she was away 'working'! Please pass along hugs to her from everyone and tell her I'm seeing some great pics of her for her next Storybook! Thanks again!
18th November 2007

who knew painted toes would be a highlight
It is the small things we enjoy the most - cheers
19th November 2007

Hi to Brenda
Hi Pat, Brenda invited me to "e-tag" along on your wonderful adventure. Just had to say hi to Brenda, so happy to get these updates. So, Hi Brenda!! from your Sauble-buddy...Lisa

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb