My Birthday on the Irrawaddy River


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma » Mandalay Region » Irrawaddy River
October 16th 2017
Published: November 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Preparing the clayPreparing the clayPreparing the clay

Only a young fellow whose job was to mix the clay in preparation for the woman to make their pots.
Up early 5.30am to see the sun rise but too cloudy and could not get a decent one. Cold shower which they could not fix but we can use one down stairs, then breakfast, with Scrambled eggs, toast, jam, fruit really good.



We stopped at 9am and went to a pottering village Yandabo were able to watch how they made the pots very from the beginning to the finished product. Back on the boat and we were all given fresh watermelon juice, really nice and must try it at home.



After Tea we were entertained by the crew with singing and guitar playing for my birthday, they were really good and we had a great night topped off a great day. Went to bed and out of rose petal's they wrote happy brithday with love hearts, it was a really nice surprise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Physical workPhysical work
Physical work

One using her foot to turn the potting wheel, while the other moulded the pots.
Putting a pattern on the PotsPutting a pattern on the Pots
Putting a pattern on the Pots

With a wooden hammer thing that had a pattern on it she hit the pot putting a pattern around each one.
The Crew's concert for my birthdayThe Crew's concert for my birthday
The Crew's concert for my birthday

They were singing in burmese but the music was good and we had a great night.
Big nightBig night
Big night

Not sure how long Mick was asleep! I was enjoying the show.
My BedMy Bed
My Bed

Nice surprise when I went to bed.


Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb