Bali For 13 nights


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
March 24th 2018
Published: April 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Villa LumbungVilla LumbungVilla Lumbung

View from our room to the pool.
24th March: Off to Bali. Rained all the way to Melbourne. We had a couple of drinks, booked luggage through weird but good getting our boarding pass as well, do every thing your self! We did get some help. Films on the plane were $8, games $6 so did not buy any.

Good trip except for twins that screamed their heads off, when the plan started to Taxi and after a breather would start again. We arrived and were able to find a place to get a Sim card, once we worked out how to get the cover off! We then headed, not sure where we ended up but plenty of people wanting to take us to the accommodation. We knew we needed the Blue Taxi, well tired and having a taxi a driver pestering us we gave in and he took us for $25, which was a rip off but we were not aware at that time and really could not care. 3am booked into Villa Lumbung, stuffed had one drink and hit the sack.



25th March. Great breakfast then a lie down, very humid. Caught a Taxi to Seminyak Square, I had the full treatment
Mick Seminyak SquareMick Seminyak SquareMick Seminyak Square

Big shopping complex and very busy area. Bags checked going in for explosives.
with a manicure and pedicure done after Mick said last chance you want it or not, fantastic at Vita Luxe Seminyak Village but after 2 hrs Mick was sick of it. He found vitamins, bottle opener, two watches Rolex? We had lunch at Siam cafe across from the village square then caught a taxi back to Villa Lumbung.

Snooze then went to the pool it was beautiful spot, had a drink and came back to the room to change after another dip. Feeling very relaxed and David is on our minds all the time, he has come with us in our hearts.

26th March: Swim , sleep, breakfast, snack for lunch by the pool, fish and chips for Mick and Potatoe skins for me. Walk down the street and was stopped many times bought water, tobacco and back to the pool 37 c. Mick tried a martini not impressed, so went back to Bintang beer and I had three different cocktails. Happy Hour 4pm - 6pm. Another lie down before tea after a swim. Tried to book Uber but did not work so the hotel booked a taxi to go 1 km, the shit charged $20 blue taxi
Warung NiaWarung NiaWarung Nia

This restaurant was recommended by Trip Adviser, the meal and service was great. Good value for money as well.
are bull shit. ( We realised all are blue taxi but we needed my blue taxi with white head rests) Went to Warangal Nia for Rijsttafel for two it was magnificent BBQ Spare ribs, satay sticks heaps of little bowls of assorted stews, Curry’s Rice. Well worth 150k and two drinks. Walked outside and a blue taxi without a meter drove us back I had google maps and he had me direct us back to the Villa for 5K. so we booked him for tomorrow to go to Kuta. Mick seeing a dentist and to see Kuta beach 300k. Very little English so he came in with us to speak to reception and we said goodbye until tomorrow.

27th March: 10am pick up for Kuta. By Octo we found the Rejuvie clinic which happens to be a Botox beauty clinic! Spoke to a lady who has lived here for years said it is expensive trying to stay beautiful! Mick said it is too late for him? we arrived at 1039 and they saw him at 1115. Really hot and Octo's car did not have airconditioner plus you could not open the windows, quite and experience but we needed to
The Dentist The Dentist The Dentist

Mick saw the Dentist here, Octo dropped us and waited for us.
stop and invited him to have lunch with us after spending ages in the car trying to get to Kuta beach, were not impressed with the shopping street or the beach, very dirty.

Lunch at Kuta beach Grand Istana Rama, very nice and a good break from the heat, Octo was keen to show us more but we told him to drop us back to the Hotel, a drink and a swim were all we were looking for. Said goodbye to Octo and told him we will be in touch if we want to go anywhere else ( I don't think so).

28th March: Breakfast great as always, handed laundry in, then pool. Hard life 1130 left the pool and changed to walk to the Fat Turtle for Velvet Pancakes and iced coffee, really worth the effort. Back to the Villa and sat on the balcony until the worker cleaned the room. Our bedding is changed daily which is really good, nice and fresh to have our nap. 3pm too hot to go out on the balcony so went back to the pool for a swim, drink, ended up having a pizza and 6.30 came back to our
Kuta BeachKuta BeachKuta Beach

We had to see it and it made the 90 mile beach at home look really good, pity we do not get the temperature.
room. Still 30c outside thank goodness for the airconditioner.

29th March: Another beautiful day in Seminyak, bought ISticks for both of us. $60 and $70. Spoke to a couple who recommended Mozerella for our anniversary. Lunch ordinary will not go back. Warung? Mick saw a cat sitting on the bench the food was being prepared on! A couple of people we met in the pool recommended Celebrity cruises for us to try. I will keep it in mind for something different we can do next holiday!

We went to Alila for dinner just amazing service, beautiful meal and cocktails at the Seminyak beach and watched the sunset which was pretty good. The beach is grey volcanic sand and really made us appreciate the 90 mile beach at home, these people have no idea what a great beach experience can be! The app for Blue Bird Taxi worked well, I had seen it advertised and downloaded it. Very cheap really good service. Great night just over a million K. not bad, for the same at home it would have cost a lot more than $100.

30th March: Breakfast then a swim and lie down until disturbed by the
Red Velvet PancakesRed Velvet PancakesRed Velvet Pancakes

The Fat Turtle we could walk to for lunch and we had these Red Velvet Pancakes and Fruit juice to die for. We did come to lunch here a few times the meals were great and very cheap.
cleaner, so back to the pool. Mick tipped him and we ended up with a full bottle of body lotion and an extra four bottles of water! We went to the Astra restaurant for lunch beautiful berry drinks and Roti each, very different from Thia. Nice clean little cafe so will return and only just down the road. We left and walked to the pharmacy, I needed something for my blisters, sunburnt on my chest and neck. We bought cigs, alcohol and water at circle K. Came back and booked a day trip to Ubud on Monday 750,000 for a tour guide for the day. Back to bed for another snooze before a dip in the pool again this time finding lounges in the shade thank goodness. Ordered drinks to have by the pool very civil. Walked to Mozzarella had a smoked salmon pasta and a Blue Sea cocktail magnificent and Mick had cordonblu then I had a red devil cocktail Mick had Bintang x 3. Started to pour rain, first time we have been caught, 10 minuets walk back to Villa Lumbung was interesting with motor bikes using the footpath as well!

31st March: Our anniversary 43 years,
Our favourite place Our favourite place Our favourite place

The pool was amazing and we used it a lot during our stay to cool off from the very hot weather.
Mick organised for the room to be decorated was amazing with Rose petals in the bath and on the bed which said I ?u just beautiful. Relaxed all day swimming, sleeping not much else had lunch and a couple of drinks then a snooze and a swim. Have decided to go back to Mozzarella it was so good last night might take a brolly with us tonight. I had a Stuffed Pork Steak, and Mick had the stuffed Chicken breast, plus cocktails and and Bintang. The skies opened and it poured rain so decided to have sweets and more drinks all really well presented and beautiful flavours. Once again still raining so we just sucked it up and made our way back to the Villa, arriving drenched to the skin but still warm. Lovely day and we enjoyed our 43 years celebration.



1st April: Said good bye to Ann from Jersey who had 35 hours of travel to get home, she had been at the Villa for a month and has been away from home for 3 months on her own but had no problems making friends. Had a swim went for a walk and got alcohol
Seminyak Beach at SunsetSeminyak Beach at SunsetSeminyak Beach at Sunset

Had a lovely meal at Alila Seminyak Beach and watched the sunset. Grey sand and not that attractive.
and cigs, back to the rom for a snooze then lunch at Atlas I ordered Angle crab ? a real one I could not work out how to eat, so had the angel pasta that came with it. We then had an hours massage which was magnificent. No hot water this morning so that is back now. Went to the pool around 3.30pm found a couple of lounge chairs for a while. Heard from Lucy wanted to see us tomorrow but we are going to Ubud. Went to Ling Lings for tea and met a young couple married 4 months from Sydney. Dinner was shishi rolls and a couple of cocktails for me, Mick had Bintang. No rain coming home tonight but humid, really humid. Could not sleep I think just over tired, both ears completely blocked and Mick has one ear giving him trouble.

2nd April: Early breakfast and ready for our trip to Ubud. Changed more money $200 for 101,000, not as good as when we arrived which was 108,000. Came back with $30 worth of notes.

First stop was a traditional dance display after leaving at 8.25am The Barong & Kris Dance of Tegaltamu-Batubulan -
43rd Wedding Anniversary43rd Wedding Anniversary43rd Wedding Anniversary

Mick organised for the room to be decorated for our wedding anniversary. Beautifully done and we were impressed.
Gianyar. Quite a lot of people and we were given a program to explain each of the five acts.

Next stop was silver workshop, then woodwork workshop both of which I had told them we did not want to do, they are all the same after you have seen others in Asia.

The next was Lumbung Sari where we had a cup of Luwak coffee which comes from fruit the monkeys eat and pass through them, we were shown the cleaning and roasting method and with that coffee we were given 18 other small glasses of teas and coffees including one of Durian. These were really nice and we bought $70 worth of different ones.

A Herbal Tea, Coconut Coffee, Lemongrass Tea, Vanilla Coffee and a Turtle ashtray which was really cute. Loved this place.

Lunch at Rapuan Cili we shared a pizza and were not even given a plate each! Pretty area and they had exotic birds in cages including a lyrebird which was sad to see.

The Monkey Forest was also worth a look heaps of them and a lot with babies. Watched a women with a banana which the Monkey climbed her
The BathThe BathThe Bath

Not sure how we will shower in the morning!
dress to get it. Sat on her shoulder while her partner took photos, not something I would advise doing.

We then left and Jimmy was going to go back to Seminyak when I asked if we could just get a photo of the Rice Terraces? I don’t think he was happy because it was another 45 minutes to drive but they were worth seeing even though we could not get out, the traffic was thick. We then went to a Temple and both of us had to put on a sarong. Different and quite interesting wish someone could have given us some history around it.

Next was a Baltic factory which was amazing to watch the girls putting the wax on the material. We then went into the shop which was huge and finally I found a top with a wrap around skirt I will wear tomorrow.

Back in the car and Jimmy drove us back to Seminyak through Denpasar were he showed us the jail a few Australians have stayed at! Mick told him to keep moving. Back to the Villa at 7pm big day but good. Mick payed earlier Jimmy 300,000 and Jimmy kept the
Mozeralla  RestaurantMozeralla  RestaurantMozeralla Restaurant

The meals were amazing, and the cocktails great value. We came here for tea a couple of times.
50,000 extra, so we did not give him any more for the day. Silly bugger we would probably have given him more. He did not have any information about the places we saw and when we found the car we usually had to wait for him, not the best of guides we have had.

3rd April: Up early organised washing and email back from Alan to say he has an offer and are we back from leave? Writer sent an email will take $ and I will be contactable by email due back on Friday late. Back to Fat Turtle for lunch, we went to he Vap shop and they gave us another black currant flavour a couple of tips for each of us and noticed mine had been leaking, which I think they fixed. Could not get extra batteries unfortunately. Lucy, Brenton and Matilda met with us at Villa around 4.30pm and we had a few drinks and a good catch up, lovely little family with a little boy due in August.



4th April: Email from Alan offer of 201,000 no further negotiations if we do not take it, we accepted and it is dependant
Tribal ShowTribal ShowTribal Show

The beginning of a big day to see the areas of Bali we had not seen as yet.
on finance and being able to have access wanting to rent the property and possibly build a garage. Here hoping Alan is getting his details and will draw up a contract. Payed for laundry and pretty sure we have been double charged! Will check, all okay got $150 changed. Went to Fat Turtle and once again a lovely meal. The owner saw us coming and put the closed sign up, as a joke. Back for a snooze and we walked down to the shop to get my hair cut, he did it with shears and is shorter than it has ever been. Had a swim I was covered in hair and came back to the room for a drink. Went down for pizza, the humidity has really knocked us around, couple of drinks and bed, thank goodness for the air conditioner which has been going full boore since we arrived.

5th April: Took it easy went back to a little restaurant down the road, have found heaps within walking distance of the Villa which has been great. Swam, slept and once again went to back to Lin Ling great feed really had a great time for our last night
WoodcarvingWoodcarvingWoodcarving

Pretty good at holding the piece between his feet! He would not want to slip.
in Bali.

6th April: Caught a Taxi to the air port after breakfast and saying goodbye to Henny our beautiful waitress we saw at breakfast each morning who was on her last day having a baby girl due next week. One hour later we arrived at the airport not bad for only 20km distance, nearly as bad as Bangkok for traffic and motorbikes. Had a good trip home and will fly Jet Star again. 5 hours 15 minutes, left at 1pm and home at 2am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

The home of Lewak CoffeeThe home of Lewak Coffee
The home of Lewak Coffee

Amazing place with the monkey and fruit for them to eat for the coffee which is supposed to be the best.
Roasting the nutsRoasting the nuts
Roasting the nuts

These have been eaten by the monkeys, passed through them and then prepared and made into the coffee we tasted but preferred some of the other coffees and teas we were given samples off.
Monkey ForestMonkey Forest
Monkey Forest

Well worth the visit, they love sweet potatoes.
Rice Terraces UbudRice Terraces Ubud
Rice Terraces Ubud

The place was crowded so could only see the terraces from the car unfortunately.
Pura Puse BatuanPura Puse Batuan
Pura Puse Batuan

The only Temple we visited very different from Thialand and Myanmar.
Visit from Lucy, Brentan and MatildaVisit from Lucy, Brentan and Matilda
Visit from Lucy, Brentan and Matilda

Had a lovely time catching up with the Family.
Little Squirrel Little Squirrel
Little Squirrel

They played every morning just outside the balcony of our room.
Henny met us at breakfast each dayHenny met us at breakfast each day
Henny met us at breakfast each day

Due in a week to have her baby and this was her and our last day.


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb