The Land of Temples - Bagan


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma » Mandalay Region » Bagan
August 18th 2007
Published: August 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Taking the Road Less TravelledTaking the Road Less TravelledTaking the Road Less Travelled

I think I understand why this is the road less travelled
Bagan a world out of this world. More like a mythical place right out of a adventure movie. The valley has thousands and thousands of Temples and Pagodas springing up from the earth in every direction. the last count done came up with 4600 Temples/Pagodas i think they were only counting the larger ones. If you were to count the small ones it would be well over 10,000.
the bus ride from Mandalay to Bagan was a adventure in itself. Not one, not two, but THREE flat tires. The 2 of them running the bus, were a expert pit crew (they use to do Indy cars "I Think"). First tire change only took 5 minutes from stop to start. The second we had to ride on a km or two to get changed in the next town. As we were getting the first 2 tires fixed a third decided to deflate. Overall a 200km trip took 9 hours, only a half hour more then what we were original told. I guess they factor in a flat or two. Good adventure, had a lot of laughs with the monk sitting next to me.

Cheers

Tim


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Flat Tire # 1Flat Tire # 1
Flat Tire # 1

only took 4 minutes to change. Indy pit crew.
Flat Tire # 3Flat Tire # 3
Flat Tire # 3

While fixing flat tire #2 a THIRD Tire went flat. 200km took us 9hrs. The regular time is 8.5hr.
My Transportation in BaganMy Transportation in Bagan
My Transportation in Bagan

Easiest way to view the temples.


Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 24; qc: 127; dbt: 0.1126s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb