Phobjikha Valley


Advertisement
Bhutan's flag
Asia » Bhutan » Phobjika Valley
October 28th 2012
Published: July 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

We set out across the frosty valley this morning to a small Zhong occupied by the local monks. They are very hospitable and we have the honourof stepping back in time and into their 15th century monastery.<span><span> The frescos on the walls are spectacular. Time is taking its toll on some of the walls and there is talk that the tourism board will remove the building to make way for the new one.<span> The last earthquake has caused much damage to the beautiful temples in Bhutan.


Palden says we can take the short cut to the Zhong in the next town, or we can go the long way which is not much further.<span> We meander up through the small farm houses which appear to be deserted but are not.<span> Parents and children play and work side by side.

I thought Palden said this route wasn’t much further! <span> 3 ½ hrs later and we finally arrive at the top of the other side of the valley.<span> At 3800 metres, it has been a tough walk…..for me anyway! LOL. <span> Tsering has been phoning Paldin every half hour asking where we are which we find extremely funny as he is always in a hurry to get us to the next stop on time.

Its only day three and I must say I’m already beginning to struggle with the food.<span> Lunch and dinner are always a buffet and always consist of the same food.<span> I’m beginning to lose my appetite – which is probably a good thing.<span> Shane hasn’t lost his though.<span> He reckons he has to get his moneys worth every meal and he does so with a huge grin on his face and great enthusiasm <span>J

Our hotel in Trongsa, <span> when we finally arrive, is beautiful.<span> We overlook the Kings Winter Palace and the Trongsa Zhong both of which we are visiting tomorrow.

Our room is on the top floor with a balcony, and I am happy to say has 2 large single beds.<span> Don’t laugh!<span> Single beds are under rated!! LOL

The buffet tonight is scrumptious and has the best Ema Datshi I have had so far.

We have met Peter and Birgit, a lovely couple from Germany, at the bar.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb