Trongsa to Choekhor Valley


Advertisement
Bhutan's flag
Asia » Bhutan » Trongsa
October 29th 2012
Published: July 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Monday 29thOct



We take off around 9 today for the Kings Palace.

We meet the Master of Discipline, a very foreboding and serious man.<span> I ask if I can take his picture and at first he is reluctant, but Palden says he agrees if we can send a copy of the photo when we get home.<span> This man is responsible for the physical discipline of the young monks.<span> He walks around beating the ground with a huge thick piece of leather and his arms are also adorned with other forms of whipping tools made of wood and ivory etc.

We are on our way to Jakar, Bhumtang today to attend the festival tomorrow. It actually starts with a fire ceremony tonight and dancing at midnight. Shane's pretty keen – lots of naked dancing apparently.

Another cosy room here at Kaila Guest House, complete with wood burning pot belly – and my personal favourite, the single beds LOL

It appears that everyone at the hotel is being collected by their guides for the festival tonight - except for us! Paldin and Tsering have taken off somewhere and we are unable to contact them. The dancing tonight represents the opening of the festival. More than a little pissed off I must say!!!!



PS – From here on Shane will be referred to by his new nickname, Druk. LOL<span> As usual he has become very fond of the local beer.<span> Its called Druk 11000, and its labeled super strong with an alcohol content of 8%!.(MISSING)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb