Victoria's Sweatshops


Advertisement
Bangladesh's flag
Asia » Bangladesh
April 30th 2014
Published: May 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

This eye appealing brand is what all women dream of wearing or being the face of. Victoria's Secret. In case one isn't familiar, VS is a clothing line with specialties in undergarments and their PINK fragrances. Everyone knows about this chain but their production is something that is kept in the dark. Victoria's big Secret is that all of their items are produced in a Bangladesh sweatshop. By the brand's name, it sounds like all smiles are put into the making of the garment when in reality it's the opposite. D.K Garments are the subcontractors to Victoria's Secret. It has been reported that the workers in that name are slapped and beaten and not paid fully for their overtime. Also, they work brutal 16 hour days, seven days a week with only ONE day off day per three to four months (Huffintonpost). In my opinion, this brand already gets good deals from the amount of clothing sold to customers each day or week. Without the sweatshops, they'll plummet in sales, and unfortunatley, all the world cares about today is their profits. Losing that amount of work would ultimately hurts their company's income. I don't think anything can be done to create the products with cheap foreign labor. Without Victoria's Sweatshops, there wouldn't be any Victoria's Secret.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb