Illness Strikes!!


Advertisement
Antarctica » Temp
February 19th 2007
Published: March 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello again, just let me start by mentioning i have only done one days work and that i feel shattered, sure i will get used to it soon. Hopefully i will be getting fitter, playing football, circuit training and walking around the base and looking at wildlife!

Hello friends and country people, sorry have not been on the travelblog for a few weeks, have been hit by a virul influenza, which has kept me off work and too knackered to do anything.



Getting dark now and even colder, but every night i see some amazing night skies and in the day really cool clouds as on the picture attached.

it is an amazing place to work and i am indeed a fortunate person to be here, work is work, but you do not get many chances in your life to see this sort of beauty every day, Wow!!

You will also see a fantastic shot of the buiding site, impressive eh, the building will be known as Bransfield House, it is a recreational complex, for dining and drinking and general social gatherings, cannot wait!!

Working with some real characters and you will never believe it, out of the 20 on site, five of them are bloody brummies, incredible eh!!

As you all know i am a pretty average electrician, well i think i am good, but most of you will know the truth, well at present the powers that be on site, have not allowed me to do any electrical work, instead i have done, fire boarding, roofing and now i am a bloody pipe lagger, what next. Ah well it is all good experience and maybe one day i will get to do some wiring, you never know!!

We are allowed only two cans of beer a night and once they have gone the bar is a ghost town, so i am having plenty of early nights, which is good as we are on site at 7.15 am every morning.

Had the Rothera Folk night last Saturday the 24th of February, this when all the base try and do a lilttle sketch, or song or comedy thing, we the Morrisons lads, which was Jake Dudek, Nigel Blenkharm and me performed two songs.One was a remix of the old classic, Eye to Eye Contact, which we re did to sound like
New Building at RotheraNew Building at RotheraNew Building at Rothera

As you can see not quite finished yet, but getting there!
Have you read your Contract, which is a site type story, went down very well! The other song was a Righteous Brothers classic, You've Lost That Loving Feeling, no backing music, just us trying to sing and i must say it did go down well as well. I also did a few jokes, which considering the state of the audience, whatever i did would have got a laugh!
The whole night was great, all did a turn and it was amazing to see so much talent in such a small group of people, well done Rothera!!

The end of February, i will try and do another one for the March period, can't promise, but watch this space, love and peace to you all.

JBlo.xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Ice- bergs in North Cove.Ice- bergs in North Cove.
Ice- bergs in North Cove.

What a view from the roof of the new building, it is a fantastic place to work, lucky me.
 Folk Night Folk Night
Folk Night

Jake , Nigel and me, performing that world famous classic, Have you read your contract!


3rd March 2007

good one J-BLo
i see you are still getting yourself laid up to avoid the work matey!! all the best from the north sea. Tommo
7th March 2007

Hello from CHC
Hi there sweetpea, sorry to hear you were not well. Hope you are on them end. Crikey, shall let CHC know the Karoke King will be back soon, eh!!!! All is well, Von too, and not long now til end of March.....and then April when you return. Take care, and lots of love Donna Simon Seba and Ollie xxxx
9th March 2007

Slack Jaw
hahaha Incredible to believe that you're shirking the work load... so unlike you. Well get better soon... and think of the unlimited beers when you get back to the real world. PS - Nice photos :)

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb