Kenya grenade attack: Somalis attacked in Nairobi


Advertisement
Africa
November 21st 2012
Published: November 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Calm has returned in Nairobi’s Eastleigh area following chaos that erupted after a grenade attack at a mini-bus which left seven people dead and over 34 injured yesterday.

Though there is still heavy presence of police officers patrolling the streets to ensure that no more protests erupt.

A police officer who sought anonymity said that they have intensified security surveillance following the incidents that occurred yesterday.

“We have kept surveillance of the area since yesterday and we could be staying here for longer,” he said.

A section of businesses are closed for fear of protests from rowdy youth who vowed to continue demonstrating until when the Government will address security issues in the area.

Bomb experts are still combing the area for more clues on what caused the explosion that occurred inside a bus and killed atleast seven people and seriously injuring others.

Earlier, Nairobi Provincial police boss Moses Ombati had said that the attack could have been as a result of a hand grenade.



Al-Shabab has not commented on the grenade attack on a minibus in Eastleigh, known as "Little Mogadishu" because of its huge Somali population.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb