Travel day


Advertisement
Africa
November 6th 2011
Published: November 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I'm backtracking here since it's been difficult to get internet access...

Day 1
27 hours + travelling time, 2 layovers (one in Seattle and one in Paris), we've arrived in Nairobi to start on vacation.

The travelling was pretty uneventful except that I had a little bout of motion sickness on the flight from Seattle to Paris. Motion sickness is a relatively frequent occurrence for me (boats, trains, cars, Ezio's driving - you get the picture) but this was the first time on a plane. Unfortunately, the person sitting beside me was ill, and smelled a bit like vomit, and the turbulence all contributed!

Of course, motion sickness did not last long when you can shop in Paris (well, not exactly Paris but the Paris airport but that's good enough). They had some fantastic looking foods, but with a full backpack and 14 days of camping ahead, it's not the most reasonable to be carrying around bottles of vinegrette. There was a vendor selling multi-flavoured, multi-coloured beautiful biscuits, wrapped in a Parisian style box and Ezio commented that they just look like overpriced Oreos! Hmmm...I do agree...does that make us hicks?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb