zanzibar


Advertisement
Africa
August 21st 2010
Published: August 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

hi everyone

sorry it has been so long since we last logged on. we have been in zanzibar for the last four days. it is wonderful here with a beautiful beach and a great pool. it is so relaxing. wednesday we went to stonetown in the morning to see the sights, which included the slave market, the house of wonders, and the old fort. it was a hot day with lots of walking. we then went for lunch and then some of us went on to the spice tour and the rest of us went to prison island. it was actually never a prison, but a hospital to quarantine patients that had lupus, yellowfever, tb, etc. there are giant turtles on the island weighting up to 250kgs. yesterday we had a relaxing day on the beach. then went to stonetown for the evening for a dow sunset cruise. it was beautiful. today unfortunately we are packing up to leave zanzibar and heading to nairobi for the evening. there is a dinner planned at the carnivore restaurant tonight. they say the ostrich and warthogs are delicious. we will find out soon. tomorrow morning we all say goodbye and go our separate ways. it has been a great trip with fantastic people. thanks to everyone for making this trip so wonderful. heres to the power of 22.

jerry and carol

Advertisement



22nd August 2010

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all. Travel Safe Francine and Mike
22nd August 2010

Hi Jerry Carol We are missing the rest of thePower of 22 It is beautiful here in Mombassa wish you were here. Enjoy Amsterdam.
23rd August 2010

Enjoy
Thanks for the pictures. Zanzibar sounds great! Can't believe the groups spilts up tomorrow already. Enjoy Carnivore restaurant.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb