R&R group A


Advertisement
Africa
August 5th 2010
Published: August 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, having a fantastic time resting and relaxing; but more of that later. Malawi is amazing! We have been up to a lot since the last blog. We spent a week down the south of the country in Mwabvi wildlife reserve. This was our second project phase. We had an immense time being licked by lions and helping out with the building of their new enclosure. It was really rewarding to see what we had managed to achieve. All of us have also had a chance to help feed the lions and one day were taken out into the reserve for a gorge walk. Rather amusing and stressful trying to find our way back! Time is not standing still, our last night soon came round, but what a night. Appreciated Adele's AMAZING cooking - goat, steak, sausages, potatoes, cheese, salad and South African nsima - parents you've got a LOT to live up to!

Next step Liwonde National Park, what a way to start R&R. Very nice campsite even though it was shared with hippos, elephants and baboons! Whilst their we went on a 2 hour boat safari, saw elephants at the waters edge and thought that had made our day. Little did we know the game drive later beat all expectations as there were many elephants about 5 metres away. Other animals included: baboons, warthogs, game and hippos. We had a brilliant time and were looking forward to Cape Maclear.

Here we are basking in the sunshine on the edge of Lake Malawi, watching brilliant blue skies and trying to get a tan. Went on an amazing Kayak trip to Domwe Island Tuesday a.k.a Paradise, tiring but worth it. See you all in a couple of days, hopefully with no sunburn and lots of souveniers.

Group A
Katie and Hayley

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb