Africa 2010


Advertisement
Africa
March 30th 2010
Published: June 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you."


They say that Africa gets under your skin - and I'm not just talking about the freaky parasites you have to dig out of your toe with a safety pin - the drums of Africa are beating loud and true in my heart and drawing me back to this exotic continent...

...There will be the wonder of seeing the school at Nqileni built and full of children happily being educated while their parents have the chance of a reliable income thanks to the amazing work of the Bulungula Incubator .
...There will be encounters with wild beasts and birds galore, those David Attenborough DVD highlights will play out in real time before my very eyes - maybe it will be me the baby gorilla jumps on.
...There will hopefully not be encounters with nasty bugs and days spent running to the loo.
...There will be days lost into nights in a cycle of hammock lounging and snorkelling and reaching for cocktails.
...And there will be blog posts here to ensure anyone wishing to be made sickeningly jealous is suitably satisfied!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb