CWB Kenya Day 12


Advertisement
Africa
April 7th 2010
Published: April 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Kenya Day 12 -

Finally, I have been allowed back on the blog. While the computer obsessed editor seems to have been adding things into others blogs with a fair dosing of creative license, a few more truths need to be told.

The day started unlike the previous 5 for me, with my room mate the mystery man, announcing that his stomach issues were a thing of the past. He had indeed remembered to close the 2 doors on his way to the toilet facilities so this was much improvement on previous days. I made my way to breakfast, where I had to double check that the sound of the running hose didn't mean I was back in my room.

We were all thoroughly delighted that there was now the option of scrambled egg with the breakfast and not the good old spanish omlette!

I have a glorious quote to follow, but 1 from last night really stood out. Those suffering with stomach issues were quite keen not to go for a curry, which was one of the 2 options in front of us. 1 such fellow from Kent, promised to unload the contents of his curry onto another member of the teams face if we went. Needless to say we went to the hotel! Having got back to his ways and comfortably been last in the bus, Mick's arrival signalled our departure. We gave the usual salute to the guards as we left-although I am quite keen into changing this to the 3 finger cub/scout salute!

We separated into the same groups as yesterday, with pretty much the same kids. This was one of the firt chances to develop from what we had done the previous days and I could remember some kids names. Very rewarding, especially as me and Mr.Donald had the beginners-no more chuckers and lots of following through after bowling! Me and Mike actually got our leg spin to turn-we were only trying underarm! Various games ended the morning session and we headed back to the rift club and a good old salute on the way in.

To our utter delight the district police commissioner had to decided to join us for lunch, with his 3 car entourage and various 'interesting' cling-ons. For some strange reason he didn't dine or converse with us, but we knew we were the reason he was there!

We arrived at the rugby club for afternoon session. Luckily, Neil kept any thoughts about the impending session to himself. Too good games of kwik cricket were played (Kimber didn't get his hands on the willow to show the kids how its really done!) and our coaching days were over. As Friday is competition day.

Davis, our illustious driver, took us on a tour of Nakuru. Little bit of work to do on the commentary if I'm honest, especiallt most of the tour seemed to consist of his primary school, where he first bought some sugar cane and various other very important facts about Nakuru. However, the shouts of "arse" from the front part of the bus, kept coming from 1 team member.

The day was concluded with dinner at the rift valley. We were thoroughly ripped off with a top 3 course dinner, costing us 400 shillings each (4 quid)!! The demise of Taggert and Man utd finished off another great day.


TH.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb