super Bowl at 2 am


Advertisement
Africa
February 8th 2010
Published: February 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Dear Blog Readers,
Last night we had our Lushoto PCV Super Bowl Party. Just like all of you, we had food (peanuts, cashews, Jackers (Pringles), popcorn, etc. and your favorite beverage. We were at Lawn's Hotel and camped out infront of the Big Screen, which Nick had reserved due to a tour of Brits whoo wanted to watch football (soccer). No need to worry as the Manchester Game was over early and they went to bed...so did we from 8pm to 1am. Then we grabbed our food and headed to the lobby area where the screen was waiting for us. After a few power outages and DISH disconnect, we perserved and were ready. Even the night watchman walked in to see what the crazy Americans were doing. Amilia and Nick were rooting for the Colts and the rest of us for the Saints. Leigh was a good sport and joined us for the 1st half, even tho she had no interest in football, but got sleepy and went to bed. We 5 diehards watched the whole game and retired back to bed about 5:30 a.m. Just about the time our rooster crows at home for us to get up. We felt very emotional when hearing America the Beautiful and The Star Spangled Banner. Did you all experience a BIG problem with The Who and a delay? Maybe it was just our ESPN feed, but it was so delayed that it was painful to watch. Anyway, we were with you across the continents.
We had a nice time in Moshi, got our H1N1 vaccine, got good food: Indian, street food (Zanibar pizza), mistoke (barbequed meat like kbobs), hamburgers, cappuccino, ice cream, and good views of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Plus we got to see many PCVs and all seem to be doing well. But for some of us our thoughts have turned to returning home. Plans are being made for travel, grad school, extending service, etc. For us it's meeting Kirks in Spain and France then heading home. I think I mentioned September 19 earlier, but that's the SFO arrival date.
So, this is a busy week coming up as we are doing some health classes in a primary school, plus library, plus our village groups. You all enjoy your winter while we bask in summer and eat good fruit. Happy Valentine's Day young lovers and elder lovers. love, Dave & Wendy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0951s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb