Overland- Bostswana


Advertisement
Africa
August 10th 2009
Published: August 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived at our campsite in chobe and yet again the site has been overbooked. We get on with the task at hand of putting up up ur tents and settling in with our site buddies who happend to be a group of yougsters from England and had a curfew at 10pm. As you can imagine alcohol along with our first late start of the trip all we wanted to do was have a laugh. I thought we were quite considerate the first time the teacher asked us to be quiet and we turned the music down and talked quietly, however this was not good enough and we ended up being told off from the security guard on the campsite. oh well.

The next morning we headed to our river cruise. Nothing could prepare us for the amount of elephants and hippos we were about to see. The first animal we saw was a heard of Buffalo, which was one of our big five, woop woop, Then the fun began with heard after heard of elephants. The best part was when they began to cross the river. They are soo cute. They line up one behind the other waiting for their turn to cross. each in turn following the leader. After their swim accross they looked nice and clean, well not for long. They proceeded to bath in the mud and throw it on themselves. Craig was a wizz with the camera and got some great shots of them doing this. Although a little dissappointed with the zoom on the camera we still got close enough to get some clear pics. Oh wait then only 19 days into the trip Lyndsey says "have you not got your digital zoom on?" and of course no we did not. we had been getting mini pics of everything and now our camera zoomed in soo close we had to zoom out. Typical after the bloody game drives were over. We didnt feel too bad as everyone on the truck didnt have theirs on either so we all felt stupid together.

After the amazing cruise we went back to camp where most of the group headed out to stay in the park overnight and me and craig headed for a game drive with a few others. Again we saw hundreds of Elephants, really close to the jeep. We saw baby elephants which was a first. As we drove through the park we past a dreadful smell and saw loads of vultures around a dead elephant. We having bad luck witnessing dead animals. but we picked up when we drove through a group of baboons with little baboon babies with them. We would have seen more if it was not for one lady in our group that asked a million questions, questions that had been answerd that morning. I thought i was going to strangle her if she did not shut up. lol

Along with the amazing Elephants and hippos we saw there were zebra, buffalo crossing the road, baboons, deer, birds ect. You catch my drift.

we headed back to camp and was greeted with the news that becos we were so roudy the night before we had to move sites. by this time it was dark and we refused but was set a curfew of 10pm so the 16 to 18 year olds could get their beauty sleep. wot a crock!!! They even brought on extra security guards to sit next to our tent to watch us all night.

We had a great night sleep that night and looked forward to our trip across the boarder into Zimbabwe and to Victoria Falls.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.03s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb